Solar Water Heaters
For the cutting edge of technology a energy efficient Solar Heater is a top choice! Their solar collectors are installed outside the home, typically on the roof or nearby. Nearly all models are the direct-gain type, consisting of flat panels in which water circulates. Other types may use dish or trough mirrors to concentrate sunlight on a collector tube filled with water, brine or other heat transfer fluid. A storage tank is placed indoors or out to collect the heated water. Circulation is caused by natural convection or by a small electric pump. At night, or when there is insufficient sunlight present, circulation through the panel can be stopped by closing a valve and/or stopping the circulating pump, to keep hot water in the storage tank from cooling. Meares Plumbing uses Solene Solar hot water systems that take advantage of Chromagen solar panels and A.O. Smith ProMax booster tank.
Why Choose SoleneSolar water heaters have been performing faithfully for over 20 years – and with the newest technology in design and manufacturing, your Solene water heater will be trouble-free for years to come. Solene Solar Water Systems are the best choice for your residential or commercial hot water needs:
- Most efficient – Solene offers the highest rated collectors in the industry! We invite you to compare Btu ratings of Solene to others as published by the industry’s certification specialists.
- Best warranty – Most collectors are warranted for ten years – but only Solene offers an additional limited lifetime warranty. No other manufacturer offers a bonus warranty for a lifetime!
- Design – Solene collectors are sleek and attractive and work on any type of roofing material. Solene also uses insulated piping and extra-thick foam insulation around storage tanks to maximize your heater’s efficiency.
- 30+ Years Experience – Solene is produced by one of the world’s largest solar manufacturers, with more than 30 years of continuing technological & warranty excellence.
All-Copper Solar Collectors
Copper fins ultrasonically welded to copper risersCHROMAGEN has fine-tuned the design and manufacture of solar collectors to an art. Collectors are assembled using the highest quality materials and advanced techniques, which result in highly-efficient, durable products you can depend on for years to come. All products are environmentally friendly, remarkably versatile and offer high performance even in extreme environments. CHROMAGEN panels are suitable for all kinds of hot water systems and provide consistent results under any weather conditions. Selective coated collector combining all known effective features:
- Best selectivity – high absorption and low emissivity
- No galvanic corrosion
- Ultrasonic welding of copper strips to risers – high fin efficiency
- Aluminum case – rigid and aesthetic with roof integration slots
- Absorber Plate -Consists of copper fins ultrasonically welded to copper risers, to provide excellent heat transfer between the fins and risers, ensuring high efficiency.
- Absorber Plate Coating – Coated either with a sputtering coating, or with black chrome on nickel, or with highly distinctive black solar paint. All enable excellent energy absorption even in cooler climates.
- Insulation -The absorber plate is encased in rigid Polyurethane foam, with an optional layer of glass wool to provide high thermal resistance.
- Solar Glass Glazing – The single pane 3.2 mm solar glass is patterned to reduce reflection and tempered to maximize strength and durability. The low iron oxide content of 0.03% enables a high solar transmittance of 91%.
- Aluminum – All anodized aluminum extrusion casings are made of solid construction available in a natural or black color.
- Galvanized Steel – inexpensive yet durable, galvanized steel casings are available in black, gray or white polyester finish.
- Tubing Grid – 5/8” or 8 mm copper risers brazed to 1 1/8” or 7/8” copper manifolds with optimal flow distribution.
- Piping Connection – Four BSP female brass connections.
- Back Plate – The back plate is made of a black polypropylene sheet.
- Aluminum Foil – The aluminum foil is attached to the polyurethane foam and acts as a barrier during the polyurethane polymerization